[Marxism] Zizek interview in the FT

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 7 11:04:52 MST 2009

On Mar 7, 2009, at 12:23 PM, S. Artesian wrote:
> ... Zizek actually said:
>
> ":What we often fail to understand, he argues, is how Stalinism was a
> counter-revolution, reacting against the extreme "post-human" utopian
> ambitions that were championed by Bolshevik leaders in the 1920s...
> [when] all sexuality would be suppressed...."

> ...how does this crap from Zizek differ from the banalities about
> Hitler representing a reaction against the decadence, the sexual
> liberation of the Weimar years?...

Of course it doesn't.  But Zizek's nonsense shouldn't be allowed to
hide the fact, denounced at the very outset by the great Marxist
psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich (in "The Sexual Revolution") as well as by
Trotsky, that reactionary sexual politics, just like reaction in the
economic, cultural, social, political, and scientific domains, was an
essential part of the Stalinist counterrevolution.

Shane Mage