[Marxism] A public stoning in Germany

Einde O'Callaghan eindeoc at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:47:42 MDT 2009

Lüko Willms wrote:
> David Thorstad  wrote:
>
>   quoting Raymond Deane from Electronic Intifada:
>
>> Hermann Dierkes is a respected politician with an honorable record of
>> campaigning for social and political justice in the German Rhineland
>> city of Duisburg.
>
>   Thanks for bringing me news of my old comrade Hermann Dierkes. We
> spent many years together in the German section of the Fourth International.
>
>> Finally, it will be interesting to see if this debacle induces Die Linke
>> to reconsider whether it is more appropriate to adopt a principled
>> position on Israel than to continue playing to the gallery of rightist
>> pressure-groups that have taken upon themselves the task of perpetuating
>> unconditional German support for Israel. It is hard to feel optimistic
>> about this.
>
>    The Party "Die Linke" rather wants to enter capitalist governments.

You know that this is an oversimplification, Lüko, even if you don't
believe in working in Die Linke. There is a strong wing opposed to
participation in government, althought admittedly there is a strong
"realo" wing, particularly in the section that came out of the PDS in
the East, where the party is the official opposition in most states.

All the best, Einde