[Marxism] 45 percent of world's wealth destroyed: Blackstone CEO

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 18:36:12 MDT 2009

S Artesian replies to my assertion that no real wealth has been destroyed:
"Not exactly the case... some commodities have been destroyed-- their use
value sacrificed on the pyre of exchange value-- i.e.  milk dumped in the
streets and sewers,  cattle slaughtered....and buried."

S Artesian is of course absolutely right. SOME commodities have been
destroyed, and before this is all over entire factories will be,
million-dollar machine tools sold for scrap metal and so on. But I think
everyone here knows what I was getting at, even if more symbolically than
literally true.

J.