[Marxism] The Prophet Misarmed: Trotsky, Ecology and Sustainability

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 13 10:16:52 MDT 2009

Here I go, arguing with anyone.

 What's wrong with eugenics?  In a word, everything.  It is without
scientific basis.  For one.  It is historically an ideological weapon, a
pseudo-science, used against poor, working class, and people of colonized
areas.  It has no scientific basis.  Did I already say that?  Not sorry, it
requires repeating.  There is no scientific evidence, no molecular basis,
for  "improving" the human species as a viable biological and social
organism by selective breeding.  As a matter of fact the historical weight
of evolution argues for just the latter-- that variety, that "unselective
reproduction" is what works best in biological adaptation.

Eugenics is not gene therapy, or repairing damaged genetic structures-- it
is nothing but an attempt at pre-culling the "herd."  The herd in this case
being poor people, and in particular, poor women.

Selective breeding certainly works for commercial improvements-- and that is
really at the heart of eugenics.  Commerce.

["Commerce is our product.  More human than human our motto," says Eldon
Tyrell about the production of Nexus 6 replicants in Blade Runner].

I would recommend for perhaps the 100th time that people read the Legacy of
Malthus, by A. Chase, to get a grip on just how unscientific, how
reactionary, eugenics is.