[Marxism] As long as the British remain there will be some kind of IRA

Anthony Hartin hartin at mail.desy.de
Mon Mar 16 10:05:59 MDT 2009

>How excellent! So I can go around perceiving historical
>injustices wherever I want to, shoot/injure anyone I want
>to, and it's never my fault!

When I first came to the UK and started work at (a) university I was taken
to morning and afternoon tea in a really spiffing staff room in a former
theatre. It was all rather top ho until one day the subject of the irish
came up. I have never experienced such racist bile from academics before
or since - even against muslims in the present period. I guess thats got
something to do with being brought up in an imperialist country