[Marxism] As long as the British remain there will be some kindof IRA

Mehmet Cagatay mehmetcagatayaydin at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 12:55:45 MDT 2009

Dr. Cloke,

Not Marxist dialectics but the miserable commonplace moralism which dictates the acceptance of existing state of affairs and its injustices enables us to evade our responsibility to question the forms of subjective commitment to the imperialist aggression, even if you may be a part of it as an honest and respected English gentleman who determined to show the catastrophic consequences of insurgent violence to unsympathetic Marxist sociopaths like me. But let me repeat Badiou, ethics does not exist except the ethics of politics, love, science and art. As S. Artesian pointed out, ethics of Marxist politics entails to examine the concrete material conditions and the content of social struggles.

I can't remember how many times I was under attack by the question of "Are you against terrorism to not?" If the current dominant ideological imperative is to publicly declare our opposition to violent forms of national struggles, class politics, social movements etc. the question today is how not to be against violence and how can we disclose the objective violence of the "human animal" to maintain its existence and comfort within the prevailing socio-economic order. So, for asocial Marxists (asocial in the sense of distancing themselves from commonplace opinions) the recent death of two British soldiers and an Irish police officer is relevant insofar as it serves to understand the objective violence that originates from capitalist-imperialist oppression.

mç