[Marxism] The Prophet Misarmed: Trotsky, Ecology and Sustainability

Shacht at aol.com Shacht at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 21:13:36 MDT 2009

Your comment by return post beginning "Shacht, you..." I think you intended
for Greg, for I certainly don't think of myself as a Buddhist, nor have any
quarrel with Debs' choice of heuristic rhetoric. As for Buddhism, however, I
can  only offer the following quote attributed to Edward Conze, himself a
Marxist -  at least at one point - when coming to the end of a series of lectures
offered  this gem:

    "What is Buddhism? Contentment plus a good  complexion."

But then, in the context of the late sixties to a Berkeley audience, it was
getting what it deserved.
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219850974x1201371016/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)