[Marxism] Notes on an Orientation to the Obama Presidency

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 17 19:40:30 MDT 2009

The reference is to a post by Charles Brown, the author of this post on
"correct orientation," which was on either the Marxism-Thaxis list, or
Huato's-- "Please Mr. Obama, go after the criminals who perpetrated 9/11,
but don't increase or continue the war in Afghanistan"-- Marxist-Debate
[sic!} list.   At one of those 2 locations, Charles ended his pro-Obama post
by typing, Obama! Obama! Obama!-- so I included that bit as a sort of
personal question for Charles.

As for the article itself-- no, it doesn't say that-- it says we should use
the "democratic opening" to-- form alliances with "broader progressive and
centrist" forces, i.e. the DEMOCRATIC PARTY; and that means "we," meaning
the non-dogmatic left not marooned on the beach of actual class analysis,
must "consolidate the electoral alliance"  that made the opening possible,
i.e unite with the democratic Democrats who support Obama.  Around what?  On
the basis of what?  Well the article never says what's what, now does it?
So with its hats off to Obama for his great work, his intelligence and
panache stabilizing capitalism-- and isn't that working well?-- clearly the
basis for unity should be that salvaging of capitalism.

 Those parts  I put in quotes you should be able to find in the article
itself.  If you can't, I'll send them to you.

So... all this is the same old, same old, worn out, tired,  CP garbage, the
old "progressive" people everywhere crapola-- and since I also believe that
condensation of content is a critical task for us Marxists stranded on dogma
beach [if the water's warm, and there's sunshine, wine, and women, I don't
mind by the way], I thought I'd just bring it all home with those three
little words that set so many hearts aflutter, so many little feet dancing
on air--

"Obama, Obama, Obama."

Frame-up, fabrication, my ass.