[Marxism] On Marxism's failure in the USA

Fred Zaman agent.redstone at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 11:20:31 MDT 2009

The following article (in progress) addresses a question related to the subject of political party addressed by Proyect below, which is why Marxism thus far has failed in the United States as a political movement:

America’s ‘New Marxian Times’: Class Struggle
in the Democratic Republic of the United States

This essay, an Althusserian-based theory of Marxism’s political failure in the United States, attributes Marxism’s failure to its delineation of class in America in economic terms, rather than in fundamentally political and ideological terms. United States capitalism in this theory includes an elitist upper class of ‘roburtarians,’ a populist lower class of ‘populitarians,’ and a managerial middle class of ‘politarians’ that implicitly constitute America’s bourgeoisie, proletariat, and politburo—all constitutionally framed and ideologically interpellated. This theory of American capitalism supports the argument that, historically through the ideology of the free market, the elite’s capitalist class endeavors to restrict the nation’s constitutionally mandated “Blessings of Liberty” primarily to the special interests of their own class. And this de facto is capitalism’s ‘War on the Middle Class,’ waged politically behind
 the scenes against American workers working to promote “the general Welfare”—a responsibility also constitutionally charged to the government.