[Marxism] Yesterday's protest: SF protest

Jon Flanders jonflanders at jflan.net
Mon Mar 23 10:07:33 MDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 08:22 -0700, Eli Stephens wrote:
> So we had those people with us before the invasion on largely tactical
> grounds. Now we don't. That's where we are. At any moment, we have to
> work with what we have and build from what we've got. If it isn't
> 100,000 people in the streets, it isn't. "Disappointing"? Perhaps.
> "Discouraging"? No doubt. But "dismal failure"? No way.

Agreed. Much of the crowd at Bush era "anti-war" demonstrations were
liberals with signs making fun of the "decider." Those folks are gone
now that we have the brainy Obama  in charge.

So now we have a rough approximation of where we are starting from in
opposing imperialist wars.

Its not at all helpful to talk about "dismal failures" in this context.

It is what it is. Deal with it.

Jon Flanders