[Marxism] Bescancenot: A one day strike is not enough

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:01:22 MDT 2009

The conclusion of Besancenot's article:
"24 hours of strikes and demos are not enough to make the government
and employers bend.  Only by a prolonged general strike can we make
them meet our demands: prohibit layoffs, increase wages, and lower
prices."
That's it? That's the key to deepening the mobilizations? A call for a
prolonged general strike?
I certainly hope the version of the article mrzine published was
accidentally cut off and that the original contains specific demands,
suggestions for how to take a campaign for these demands into the
unions, groups of immigrant workers, etc., etc.
Andy P.