[Marxism] writings of trotsky on second chinese revolution

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 27 10:34:49 MDT 2009

"In a country like America, that long ago developed its nationwide
industrial  infrastructure, we can pose the historical question of the
bureaucracy,  different from how it appear to the combatants in say 2009
Nepal,  1949 China or 1930‘s Soviet Union. In America we are dealing
directly with the  value  relation. We are challenged to reformulate all
historical questions on the  basis of  our stage of development and
experience as value producers."
________

I think that, the above is absolutely correct, and that makes me disagree
with WL's assertion that "The autonomous nature of Soviets -  the armed
workers, is not sufficient to create and administer a nationwide  industrial
infrastructure. At best the Soviets can only actualize the state  authority
as the property holder".

The soviets, with a small "s,"councils, constitute the real overthrow of the
value relation in that the councils compose the political and economic
authority under the collective direction of the workers, the producers
themselves.  This is essential for transforming the goal/role of production
from the accumulation of exchange value to the satisfaction, and creation of
more sophisticated, needs and use.