[Marxism] The Colonialist and Fascist Past of Israel's Three Biggest Parties

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Mar 28 12:28:12 MDT 2009

The Colonialist And Fascist Past Of Israel's Three Biggest Parties
      3/13/09
By Lenni Brenner

How often have we heard Israel proclaimed "the only democracy in the
Middle East"? But there's a problem, actually three problems, the top
vote-winning parties in its recent election.. Prime Minister Ehud Olmert
and Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni's Kadima (Forward) got 28 seats, Prime
Minister designate Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud (United) won 27, and
Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beitenu (Israel is Our Home) took 15 seats
in the 120 seat parliament. They evolved out of Vladimir Jabotinsky's
pith-helmet colonialist "Zionist-Revisionist" movement. And how many
lectures have we all endured on Islamo-Fascism? But Revisionists trained
at Mussolini's naval academy during his Ethiopean war.. If that isn't
enough, Rahm Emanuel, Obama's White House Chief-of-Staff, called by the
1/25 NY Times "arguably the second most powerful man in the country,"
was raised in this tradition.

Ask leaders of these parties what they think of Jabotinsky (1880-1940),
  or his classic 1923 article, "The Iron Wall (We and the Arabs)," and
each  would say something like 'he's the  greatest Jewish writer since
the Bible,'  or 'the Bible was the greatest Jewish document before The
Iron Wall.' But question typical US pro-Zionists, Jew or gentile, and
they ask 'who is Jabotinsky?' Indeed we can see why modern Revisionists
don't widely publicize what they believe is his masterpiece:

"First of all, I consider it utterly impossible to eject the Arabs from
Palestine.  There will always be two nations in Palestine – which is
good enough for me, provided the Jews become the majority..... It is
utterly impossible to obtain the voluntary consent of the Palestine
Arabs for converting 'Palestine' from an Arab country into a country
with a Jewish majority.....  Every native population, civilised or not,
regards its land as its national home, of which it is the sole master,
and it wants to retain that mastery always; it will refuse  to admit not
only new masters but, even new partners or collaborators......  Zionist
colonisation must either stop, or else proceed regardless of the native
population. Which means that it can proceed and develop only under the
protection of a power that is independent of the native population –-
behind an iron wall, which the native population cannot breach.....

"This does not mean that there cannot be any agreement with the
Palestine Arabs. What is impossible is a voluntary agreement. As long as
the Arabs feel that there is the least hope of getting rid of us, they
will refuse to give up this hope in return for either kind words or for
bread and butter, because they are not a rabble, but a living people.
And when a living people yields in matters of such a vital character it
is only when there is no longer any hope of getting rid of us, because
they can make no breach in the iron wall. Not till then will they drop
their extremist leaders whose watchword is 'Never!'"

full: http://cosmos.ucc.ie/cs1064/jabowen/IPSC/articles/article0106218.html