[Marxism] First things first [British Government and the Sovereignty of Malvinas]

sobuadhaigh at hushmail.com sobuadhaigh at hushmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:21:09 MDT 2009

Nestor wrote:

>The image of Latin American armies as
>gangs of fat, large moustache, cruel bullies that Hollywood and
other
>sources have been selling to the world has little to do with
actual
>realities, save for those armies that were tailored as "National
>Guards" by the USofAm and its imperialist military.
>It was certainly NOT this way in Argentina, 1982.

This was certainly true of the Air Force that fought heroically and
very effectively against the British. Had it not been for a design
flaw in their ordnance, it is possible that the initial invasion
would have been
repulsed because of the numbers of British ships sunk. On the other
hand I have always believed that that the armies of many countries
in South America have suffered from their emphasis on domestic
repression as opposed to defense against foreign threats or
imperialist domination.

--
Become a medical transcriptionist at home, at your own pace.
 http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/BLSrjkqfMmezRpW2OnvWC8L8QEgtUyQMM7AKp3sHTBdDzBHhkD3rro3XdOw/