[Marxism] First things first [British Government and the Sovereignty of Malvinas]

Nestor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 08:49:38 MDT 2009

sobuadhaigh at hushmail.com escribió:

> I have always believed that that the armies of many countries
> in South America have suffered from their emphasis on domestic
> repression as opposed to defense against foreign threats or
> imperialist domination.

And this should have been the result of a national debate on the South
Atlantic War in Argentina. This debate was and still is closed off
through a pervasive de-Malvinization process that began immediately
after a cease fire was signed.

This was not the least important potential consequence of the war.

Funnily enough, the experience was taken up by the Brazilian military.