[Marxism] Liberal Scare-Mongers Attack Progressive Food Bill

chegitz guevara absynthe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:22:13 MDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:

> The alarm over this bill may well be exaggerated.  But after Obama's
> lies about opposing FICA and torture one should mistrust anything
> coming out of DC.
>

> Shane Mage

The question is not whether or not you can or cannot trust what comes
out of Washington. Neither are universally true. The question is
whether or not this scare mongering about the banning of organic
farming on a food safety even comes close to meeting reality. It does
not. Not only does it not come close to being objectively factual, it
engages in whole sale engineering of facts.

Now, if you refuse to believe anything that comes out of Washington,
then I assume you oppose both the Employee Free Choice Act, and HR676
because they are obviously both lies.

As for specific arguments you bring up, the SCOTUS has not interpreted
the interstate commerce clause so broadly that Congress can regulate
every aspect of commercial behavior, although it has twisted itself to
allow Congress to outlaw locally grown marijuana. Congress' authority
is broad, but any attempt to regulate what people grow in their
gardens, which, I would point out again, isn't even being done by this
bill, would not pass muster.

As for IDing food animals being an unreasonable burden, I find that
laughable. First off, when it comes to food safety, if you can't prove
your food is safe to eat, that should be an insurmountable barrier.
Second, farmers already track their animals. If you haven't picked up
any meat in the store lately, it has country of origin on the label,
so it's already being tracked to a large extent.