[Marxism] Liberal Scare-Mongers Attack Progressive Food Bill

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:25:28 MDT 2009

Chegitz says: "The question is not whether or not you can or cannot trust
what comes out of Washington. Neither are universally true."

Right, absolutely. While most people are prone to say NOTHING that comes out
of Washington can be trusted, I can swear that's simply not true.

For example, I remember that back in 1977, a government phone operator at an
undersecretary of the interior's office ACTUALLY TOLD THE TRUTH.

SHE thought he was just wanking off in the office, so she told the caller he
was out, but the truth was he WAS out ... wanking off somewhere else
altogether.

What she said, as an official agent of the US government, was actually TRUE,
and that she *imagined* it was a lie was, of course, no excuse.

I chased this story six ways to sundown and it all checked out.

And then my editor killed it! (The bastard ... something about dog bites man
versus man bites dog. I tried to convince him that nothing like this had
been seen since Haley's Comet had last shined over Washington in 1913, but
he said the sun was a lot brighter and it shined every day. Philistine.)

Anyways, he said he thought I'd allowed myself to be hoodwinked by
government bureaucrats into believing this tall tale about the bureaucrat
ACTUALLY being out of the office when his assistant CLAIMED that was the
case. And he gave me a sage piece of advice that has served me well ever
since: when it comes to Washington, believe nothing until it has been
officially denied.

Joaquin