[Marxism] Jerry Brown

Kenneth Morgan kenmor1968 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 22:07:40 MST 2009

At the port of Oakland, CA, April 7, 2003, Oakland cops fired on a peaceful
anti-war demonstration with tear gas, rubber bullets and wooden dowels,
injuring quite a few people, several seriously. I was there. Brown was Mayor
of Oakland at the time. He endorsed the action of the Oakland police! The
cops even fired on a group of longshoremen from Local 10 of the
International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU), breaking the hand of one
longshoreman, who was a crane operator. Ironically a couple of weeks
earlier, Brown was a guest speaker at my local, ILWU Local 6. What a
hypocritical fraud!