[Marxism] re Re: Labor

Bonnie Weinstein giobon at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 08:35:27 MST 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 3:57 PM, Duen De wrote:
> you wrote at [Marxmail], "The Labor Council itself was never the
> object of protest”
>
> But your leaflet says, "... acting mainly through the labor
> bureaucrats running most of the unions...The leadership that would
> foist upon the Labor Council and upon working people the policies
> of the Democratic Party is a labor misleadership"
>
> It wasn't "the labor council itself" but the people who attended
> REPRESENTING  the labor council who were the object of your
> protest.  And it's not "the air force itself" but the people
> REPRESENTING the air force who are dropping the bombs on
> Afghanistan. How fucking stupid do you think I am? And how fucking
> stupid are you?

As a matter of fact, the leaflet was written after the protest had
been undemocratically cancelled because it was a Labor Council event.
And it is wholly untrue that no one knew about it being a Labor
Council event. Several of the people in the coalition meetings were
members of the labor council--they knew full well it was a Labor
Council breakfast for Pelosi.

And anyway, this could have been discussed and taken up at the
meeting that took place the weekend before the Breakfast when there
was no doubt that everyone was aware that it was sponsored by the
Labor Council.  But they did not want a democratic discussion to even
take place. And, I'm sad to say, most of those in the coalition don't
care about the blatant lack of democracy either in the coalition or
in the antiwar movement as a whole.

I can't blame them. No one knows what democracy even is any more--no
one practices it.

And it was a protest of Pelosi. And yes, if their support to the
Democratic Party is to ever end, they--the bureaucracy that invited
her (one, a member of the Executive Committee of the California
Democratic Party)--must be called to terms for their continued
support to the war mongers and corporate thieves that own them.

And, no, we don't blame those that have been economically drafted and
patriotically brainwashed into joining the military. We blame the
commanders of capital--the Democrats and Republican warlords
themselves--for the wars; for the economic draft and for brainwashing
our youth.

And, for the antiwar movement to be successful, it must be based upon
the working class and their allies and that's what we get when tens-
of-thousands participate in it because, that's who the majority are.

Bonnie Weinstein