[Marxism] Honduran movements blast US deception, promise continued struggle

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Fri Nov 6 05:45:27 MST 2009

Indigenous organization COPINH denounces Guaymuras Accords
Civil Council of Popular and Inidigenous Organizations of Honduras - COPINH.

THE TRAP OF THE ACCORDS OF THE GUAYMURAS-TEGUCIGALPA-SAN JOSÉ DIALOGUE"
cite
PRESS RELEASE.
The Civil Council of Popular and Indigenous Organizations of Honduras
(COPINH), in the face of the signing of the accords to seek a solution to
the crisis generatied by the military coup d'etat against the people of
Honduras, emits the following communiqué:

1. We have no trust in the negotiating commission of the coup regime given
that they have never demonstrated a willingness to reinstate the
constitutional president of the republic and its only purpose is to buy time
to consolidate the objectives of the coup d'etat in looting the national
treasury and imposing neoliberal projects of privatization of natural
resources and state institutions.

2. We denounce the malicious and intentional attitude of the government of
the United States of America, who take on ambiguous positions but behind the
scenes have supported the coup-makers and if not how can they explain that
in the kidnapping of President Manuel Zelaya Rosales they used the Palmerola
base?

If the yankees had so much will to contribute to the resolution of this
crisis, why so much tolerance, patience and complacency with the coup-makers
in lending themselves to a dialogue where they present deceiving agreements
as a solution?

3. We call out people not to rest until we achieve the convoking of a
popular and democratic national constitutional assembly, which should be
made up of the different social sectors of the country such as women,
feminists, youth, indigenous and black peoples, workers, the LGTB community,
community councils, representatives of marginalized neighborhoods, teachers,
artists, peasants, honest business people, intellectuals, professionals, the
informal economy sector, alternative media, among others.

4. We urge the National Front of Popular Resistance to raise an initiative
of dialogue and negotiation towards more dignified agreements in which the
mediation shouldn't be to the liking and oversight of the yankee government,
which has helped drive the coup d'etat against our people, but instead by
people like Rigoberta Menchu, Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, democratic countries
that make up the Bolivarian Alternative of the Americas (ALBA) and UNASUR,
foundations like the Carter Foundation, social movements of hte countries of
Latin America and the world like the Landless Peoples Movement of Brazil,
the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo of Argentina, the Scream of the Excluded,
Jubilee South, the Convergence of Popular Movements of the Americas, the
School of the Americas Watch, the platforms of solidarity with the Honduran
people and others. For this the front should name a negotiating commission
that understands that the coup-makers are perverse and that the  State
Department, the Pentagon and the U.S. government in general are driving the
coup d'etat and proposing as key points the restitution of the President of
the Republic Manuel Zelaya Rosales to govern for the time that the
coup-makers robbed of his governing period, the installation of a national
constitutional assembly and the dissolution of the coup congress, of the
coup supreme court, of the coup public ministry, the reduction and purging
of the armed forves, the definitive purging of hte national police and the
punishment of the people involved in the coup d'etat and the violation of
human rights.

5. We urge once again to the candidates of the Democratic Unification Party,
the Popular Independent Candidacy, the PINU party and the Liberals who are
in resistance to be consistent and renounce once and for all the
participation in the electoral farce set up by the coup-makers, to our
people we urge you not to participate in the electoral circus and to boycott
that act of the coup-makers.

6. To the international solidarity we invite you to strengthen the support
to the Honduran people not just as a principle of solidarity but for reasons
of self-defense since if the coup-makers consolidate in Honduras the
democratic spring of the peoples of the world and particularly the peoples
of our America will end.
With the ancestral force of Lempira, Iselaca, Mota and Etempica we raise our
voices filled with life, justice, dignity, freedom and peace.
HERE NOBODY IS GIVING UP!