[Marxism] Problems composing a reply

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Nov 7 07:57:02 MST 2009

Jeff wrote:
> Lou, you must be aware of what an unreasonable demand that is! I absolutely
> reject any website, for instance, that tells me I have to use a different
> browser or to install their preferred software; those are decisions I will
> make based on the whole of my computer experience, not an individual
> request (which, of course, would often conflict with an equally
> unreasonable request from a different source!).

People don't have to switch to Gmail. All I am saying is that I tend to
avoid replying to Yahoo and Hotmail messages with the "long line"
problem. Plus, Les has already urged comrades to adopt Thunderbird and
Gmail for Marxmail communications since it makes it a lot easier to
resolve one technical problem or another. In terms of getting
Thunderbird to handle Yahoo "long line" problems, there may be a way to
do it but I haven't figured it out. Then again, since I only have 41
years of experience as a computer programmer, maybe I still need to
learn my craft.