[Marxism] Goodman Sachs: we're doing God's work

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Nov 8 12:40:50 MST 2009

On Nov 8, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Ben Ben wrote:

> ** As I recall, the money changers were briskly sent packing rather
> than rewarded for kick starting the economy of Judea...

Not exactly.  The messianists objected to their accepting Roman coins
(bearing the graven image of the deified Augustus) in exchange for
Hebrew ones (ritually required for the purchase of sacrificial animals
and birds) *inside* the Temple precinct.  It was a preliminary
purification, an adumbration of the Temple's destruction and
rebuilding promised by the pretender to the throne of David.

Shane Mage