[Marxism] war games

Shawn Redden wsredden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:04:23 MST 2009

At 10:22 AM -0500 11/9/09, Louis Proyect wrote:
>Shawn Redden wrote:
>>  In light of the ominous news about the foundation-funded
>>  'hiker-journalists' kickin' it in Northern Iraq, this report is
>>  interesting.  You know what they say - perfect practice makes perfect:
>>

>What foundation funding are you talking about?

New America Media, for whom at a couple of them were working as
reporters and photo-journalists at the time of their vacation getaway
in occupied Iraq, lists the usual suspects on their website (scroll
down):

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_custom.html?custom_page_id=87

I'm not drawing any conclusions, but circumstantial evidence does
count for something.  Considering the $400 million operation (see
Seymour Hersch's article "Preparing the Battlefield") to help provoke
regime change in Iran, and the role played by foundation funding in
similar operations worldwide, one ought to wonder about the curious
story that has been spun here.

On a side note, Natan Sharansky, who just finished up a speech on
C-Span at the "Hooray for Israel" conference, is one scary guy.

Shawn