[Marxism] FYI - A Treasure Of Online Academic Books

Bill Quimby wquimby at embarqmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:11:04 MST 2009

Just recently discovered AAAARG.ORG at http://a.aaaarg.org
- a treasure of online academic books - philosophy, history, theory,
feminism, much badiou, much adorno, much marcuse, some classic
marxist texts, mouffe and laclau, some entire issues of Historical
Materialism, and on and on.

And you can subscribe to a newsletter announcing just-added material.

Not sure about the legal-challenges of services of this type, but they seem
to be increasing - see http://www.scribd.com for another source of online
material, for example. You might want to take advantage of them before
they disappear!

(Still though - I find it very difficult to read book-length texts on my comp
and am always tempted to print - if not the whole text, portions of interest.
Don't know if it is just me, but there do seem to be some serious "machine
readability" issues to be resolved before ebooks are the norm.)

- Bill