[Marxism] war games

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 9 10:32:53 MST 2009

Shawn Redden wrote:
> New America Media, for whom at a couple of them were working as
> reporters and photo-journalists at the time of their vacation getaway
> in occupied Iraq, lists the usual suspects on their website (scroll
> down):
>
> http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_custom.html?custom_page_id=87

So I guess this is what allows you to concur that they are guilty
of espionage, comrade Vyshinsky?

Here, btw, is how this kind of craziness has gnawed away at the
Pacifica Radio Network's innards:

http://www.counterpunch.org/boal10062009.html
October 6, 2009
 From Farce to Tragedy
The New Crisis at Pacifica

By IAIN BOAL

On September 17 the Governance Committee of the Pacifica National
Board passed a resolution expressly designed to find out whether
Amy Goodman’s Democracy Now! program is getting CIA funding
through covert channels like the Ford Foundation for suppressing
the “truth” about the 9/11 “over-up” The author of the resolution,
Chris Condon, made it clear that he wrote a motion on funding
disclosure specifically to find out "where the hell Amy Goodman's
money is coming from".

Condon’s campaign for reelection to the KPFK Local Station Board
in Los Angeles is endorsed by the current interim Executive
Director of Pacifica and chair of the Pacifica National Board,
Grace Aaron. Despite being thrown out of the Church of
Scientology, Aaron still publicly identifies herself as “a
follower of the teachings of L Ron Hubbard”.

What on earth is going on here? Listeners to the largest
independent radio network in the US, whose broadcast signals are
powerful enough to reach a fifth of the entire population, are no
strangers to faction fights among staff and local boards,
especially at the largest stations, WBAI (New York), KPFA
(Berkeley), and KPFK (Los Angeles).  But veterans of the now
legendary 1999 crisis could be forgiven for thinking that Pacifica
had safely resumed its mission of promoting understanding between
peoples and individuals through peaceable dialogue. Many will be
dismayed to learn that Pacifica is once again on the edge of the
abyss.

(clip)