[Marxism] FOX Finds a New Black Boogeyman/More Buses for 11/12

Paul Lefrak lefrak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:01:41 MST 2009

I submit this mostly for comrades on the east coast of the U.S. who can
possibly make it to D.C. on Nov. 12 for a protest at the U.S. Department of
Justice demanding a civil rights investigation for Mumia Abu-Jamal.  And for
everyone:  If you're not familiar with Mumia's case--he is currently on
death row in Pennsylvania, victim of a racist frame-up for his political
beliefs--you need to familiarize yourself with his case.  See the website
below.

This is an example of something that can be done NOW, more productive than
deciding which label to apply to the BPP forty years later.

Apropos of that, Mumia Abu-Jamal was the founder of the Philadelphia chapter
of the Panthers when he was 16.  He has been on death row the majority of
his life.  Nonetheless, he continues to write weekly columns on various
political topics which are distributed worldwide and come from a solid
revolutionary anti-capitalist perspective.  They can be found at the
www.freemumia.com website as well.

We can attach whatever label we want to the Panthers but they recruited the
finest of their generation.  They were not a monolith so facile labels are
really not appropriate.  Sure they made mistakes, but someone like Mumia
Abu-Jamal is a product of that organization and he needs our defense RIGHT
NOW.

As a side note, I highly recommend Sis. Marpessa's email list (write her at
the address below) which always has important info about U.S. political
prisoner issues, police brutality, and Black power politics and lists key
events related to these struggles within the U.S.

Paul Lefrak
Mérida, Venezuela