[Marxism] war games

Shawn Redden wsredden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 12:24:24 MST 2009

At 1:28 PM -0500 11/9/09, S. Artesian wrote:

>I think that's a reasonable characterization.  I find it hard to believe
>anybody just strays over the border into Iran, although that doesn't mean
>they strayed with the intent to do anything other than photograph.  It's
>just curious.

Exactly.  Even if that's all they were doing was take pictures, good
photography of the border of Iraq and Iran (an area where aerial
photography might be problematic) might itself prove to be a valuable
resource for reasons totally independent of why they were looking for
good shots.  That said, the story that they were vacationing on the
border of a war zone and a declared enemy can't seriously pass the
smell test to anyone with even a partially functioning olfactory
system.  That's not to say there isn't an explanation; only that I
haven't heard a serious one yet.

The bottom line is this:  regardless of the motives or intentions of
those imprisoned - they could be Chavistas and anti-Zionists - we
know that the people from whom they are/were collecting a paycheck
aren't trying to create a workers' government.  They're trying to
geostrategically further theirs.

That's about all we know, as far as I can tell.  Yet, for reasons
passing understanding, the motives and actions and behavior of those
people are, to some, off limits and undeserving of scrutiny (but only
sometimes).   When it's one of those times, watch your step.

Shawn