[Marxism] An article by John Pilger Kathy Pollitt should read (but she won't)

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Nov 15 08:34:57 MST 2009

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:15:53 -0500 Mark Lause <markalause at gmail.com>
writes:
> Ultimately, Democratic policies are convincing Democratic voters of
> their
> bankrupt policies.
>
> Our role at this point is to urge those voters to act independently
> of the
> party and its bosses....  Independence, independence and more
> independence.

Yes, indeed.  But the most likely scenario will be that
the DP's policies will so turn off traditionally Democratic
voters, that they will stay home in the next elections thereby
guaranteeing GOP victories.  Then after a few years
of Republican dominance, the DP will then be able to
point all the evils perpretated by the GOP in order to
persuade Democratic voters to come to the polls and
vote the Democrats back into office, thereby restarting
the cycle anew.  With some occasional exception, this
is the way that things have worked out in US politics
for the past century.

Jim F.