[Marxism] An article by John Pilger Kathy Pollitt should read (but she won't)

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 09:02:38 MST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> Yes, indeed.  But the most likely scenario will be that
> the DP's policies will so turn off traditionally Democratic
> voters, that they will stay home in the next elections thereby
> guaranteeing GOP victories.  Then after a few years
> of Republican dominance, the DP will then be able to
> point all the evils perpretated by the GOP in order to
> persuade Democratic voters to come to the polls and
> vote the Democrats back into office, thereby restarting
> the cycle anew.  With some occasional exception, this
> is the way that things have worked out in US politics
> for the past century.
>
> Jim F.
>

> reply -

Gee thanks for the optimistic prognosis, Jim!  Should we just sit back and
observe this process? The next few years may be different in that it might
offer opportunities for those of us who want to build something meaningful
to the left of the Democrats. It looks like the wind is blowing in our
direction.