[Marxism] EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION TO DEFEND LYNNE STEWART

nada dwaltersMIA at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 08:19:20 MST 2009

TAKING AIM

with

Ralph Schoenman and Mya Shone
----------------
111 Clayton Court - Vallejo, CA 94591
phone: 707.552.9992 - fax: 707.552.9993
mobile: 707.694.5699 - email: rbs1 (@) pacbell.net

EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION TO DEFEND LYNNE STEWART

WE NEED PRESS CONFERENCE AND RALLIES AT FEDERAL COURT HOUSES ACROSS THE U.S.

SEND RESOLUTIONS AND STATEMENTS OF SUPPORT TO DEFENSE ATTORNEY JOSHUA L.
DRATEL, ESQ. FAX: (212) 571 3792 AND EMAIL: jdratel at aol.com

SEND PROTESTS TO ATTORNEY GENERAL ERIC HOLDER

FUNDAMENTAL DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS, OF DUE PROCESS, OF THE RIGHT OF
THOSEACCUSED OF CRIMES TO CHALLENGE STATE ACCUSATIONSIN A COURT OF LAW
HAVE BEEN DEALT A GRAVE BLOW BY THE RULING BY THE COURT OF APPEALS TO
SEND LYNNE STEWART TO A FEDERAL PRISON SOLELY FOR DEFENDING HER
CLIENTAND CHALLENGING THE FALSE EVIDENCE BROUGHT AGAINST HIM.

The Second U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday after three years
of delay in the case of Lynne Stewart, the renowned civil rights lawyer
and defender of those unjustly accused, that her bail is to be revoked
and her conviction upheld. Judge Koetl was directed to increase her
sentence from 28 to 80 months.
The Second Circuit revoked Lynne Stewart’s bail pending Appeal and
ordered her to be remanded to federal prison even before her lawyers
have time to consider an Appeal from the Second Circuit Court ruling to
the Supreme Court.
Lynne Stewart, age 70, has recently recovered from breast cancer and is
scheduled for surgery next week.
She was targeted by Attorney General John Ashcroft because she served as
defense attorney for Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, charged falsely with
plotting to blow up New York City landmarks.
By prosecuting and convicting his defense attorney for the very crime
with which her client was charged, the U.S. government has unleashed a
threat to every lawyer in the United States.
Rights secured since Magna Carta have been breached, embodying
generations of struggle against arbitrary authority.
This outrageous ruling coincides with the announcement of a show trial
in New York of those held in Guantanamo and charged with responsibility
for the attacks of September 11, 2001.
The government campaign to generate a new hysteria over “terror” serves
as cover for a renewed attack on due process and basic constitutional
rights.
As the wars of aggression escalate and the financial collapse deepens,
the architecture of the fascist state emerges in full view.
In the words of Lynne Stewart yesterday, “I will still go on fighting.
This is a case that is bigger than me personally. I am no criminal and I
will fight this for every lawyer in the United States.”