[Marxism] HONDURAS: Communique No. 35 of National Resistance Front Against the Coup d'Etat

nada dwaltersMIA at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:43:08 MST 2009

*EL ORGANIZADOR*
P.O. Box 40009
San Francisco, CA 94140
Email: elorganizador at earthlink.net
Tel. 415-641-4610
----------

*HONDURAS:*
*Communiqué No. 35 of National Resistance Front Against the Coup d'Etat*

The National Front of Resistance Against the Coup d'Etat communicates:
1. We alert the international community and human rights defense
organizations about the growing repression against, and persecution of,
the organized people. The Committee for the Defense of Human Rights in
Honduras (CODEH) just released a report that warns about preparations by
the Armed Forces of the State to carry out terrorist actions, making
them appear as if they were carried out by the Resistance movement, and
in this way justify the massive killing of people linked to the National
Front of Resistance Against the Coup d'Etat.

2. We denounce the mobilization of military forces across the entire
national territory, with arms and campaign equipment, which goes beyond
any previous preparation for an electoral process. This build-up by the
Armed Forces includes the hiring of mercenaries, including a large
contingent of reservists, and the reorganization of hospitals and
clinics for medical attention to the military and police involved in the
acts of violence against the population.

3. We want to make clear that the announced "stepping down" from power
of dictator Micheletti that is supposed to happen from November 25 to
December 2 is just a maneuver to hide the totalitarian role of the
de-facto regime and the Armed Forces, which have set up an illegitimate,
illegal and fraudulent electoral process.

4. We condemn the threats and intimidation against the various media
that tell the truth about the situation in our country, and that just
today witnessed a new episode in censorship with the interruption of the
signal of Channel 36.

5. We reiterate that under this anti-democratic and repressive coup
regime it is impossible to hold free elections.

6. We call all the Resistance Fronts nationally and all the committed
organizations and solidarity organizations outside the country to
increase their security measures and to be ready to denounce any
violations of human rights by the Dictatorship.

"FOR A NATIONAL CONSTITUTIONAL ASSEMBLY, WE RESIST AND WE WILL WIN"

Tegucigalpa, Honduras -- November 20, 2009