[Marxism] Honduras: Unequivocal signs of coming repression,

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Fri Nov 27 11:00:40 MST 2009

S. Artesian (sartesian at earthlink.net) wrote on 2009-11-27 at 01:03:10 in
about Re: [Marxism] Honduras: Unequivocal signs of coming repression,:

> Do we have a recent example of a constituent assembly working
> effectively to augment, quicken a social revolution?

  The one big great Russian Revolution of 1917.

> Is such a constituent assembly even possible?  Or is it that Zelaya's
> presidency and the demand for a constituent assembly will automatically
lead
> to the "next stage" of the revolution?  OK, let's say it will.  What is that
> next stage?  How is the transition accomplished?

  "On s'engage et puis on voit."

  When in rough seas, one can't really see what is behind the next big wave.
One has to be prepared to swift and decisive changes. That is part of the
_art_ of revolution.

  If you want certainty about each and every step following the next step,
and the step following that, you are incapable to move.

> And since any action, any candidate, any demonstration around
> these issues will bring the full repressive power
> of the state down on it,
> how about clandestine development of self-defense forces?

  Why clandestine? It can be very open and public. The more, the better. It is
all just up to the concrete situation. Leading the revolution before and after
taking power is an _art,_ not a science.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany