[Marxism] theses on the economic crisis

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Nov 29 21:07:25 MST 2009

On Nov 29, 2009, at 6:43 PM, S. Artesian wrote:

> I was just about to ask the same thing since Trotsky drew up the
> Zimmerwald
> Manifesto Against the War

The "Zimmerwald Left" was "Left" precisely because while it accepted
the Manifesto as a copmpromise it was very critical of the Zimmerwald
Manifesto's "pacifism" (it's rejection of  "revolutionary
defeatism").  The "telephone booth" phrase was that of Lenin.
Luxemburg's position on the war, "The Junius Pamphlet,"  and Trotsky's
"The War and the International," were both severely criticized by
Lenin and Zinoviev (these criticisms, including the label
"Kautskyist," were brought to the fore by Stalin and Zinoviev during
the troika's campaign against "Trotskyism).

See pp. 150ff of Broué's biography of Trotsky.

Shane Mage