[Marxism] Info on Finland

Joonas Laine jjonas at nic.fi
Mon Nov 30 08:38:06 MST 2009

Donal Ó Cófaigh wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Reformists and liberals are
> pointing towards Finland as offering a potential development pathway
> for Ireland, it would be good to be able to point out the limits of
> capitalist development in Finland.

If you can ask more specific questions I might be able to give some
answers, but the way you put it above is too general, I can't really get
hold of it.. normally I think this kind of general reference (a model
for something) is made to Sweden ("the" welfare state), so I'm wondering
whether there's a reference to some particular issue here if Finland is
seen as the model for something.

For example, do they refer to the Finnish banking crisis in the early 90s..?