[Marxism] Info on Finland

Donal Ó Cófaigh donaloc at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:37:39 MST 2009

Joonas, the query is really arising because some liberals are positing Finland as an alternative model in terms of how it deal with its restructuring in the early 1990s and how it now has a low GINI coefficient.

The main issue for me in the comparison is that Finland has a different economic base but I was wondering if Finland is really all that equal as they say if it underwent such restructuring back in the early 1990s.

Of course, reformists will look to anything to avoid the conclusion that fundamental revolutionary change is necessary.

Perhaps you (or another) will be able to supply me with links to demonstrate the underside of the Finnish model.

Le meas,

Donal