[Marxism] Thoughts for Polanski apologists, by another woman raped at 13.

Pat Costello pt_costello at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 18:54:16 MDT 2009

>People have differences over this matter. When you accuse one side of
>being misogynist, it cuts off discussion.

Do you ever wonder why there are virtually no women on this list? or why it is known as Marxmale? I would have thought that indignation over the rape of a child would not be debatable. Racist attacks, rape, police brutality....these are merely academic discussion for many on this list.

There have been a number of comments and discussions on this board that have offended me as a woman, that would have offended any number of women i have known in the movement.

If you imagine that you will have any relevancy in any coming upsurge while you cling to the idea that a group of men can be oblivious to to the experiences of at least half the population, you are sadly deluded.

>We need to keep these kinds of charges to an
>absolute minimum

Pat: i.e. "stifle, Edith, stifle"

from jeff:

I still think that insensitivity to sexual assault is pervasive and is a
factor in many of the reactions on this list.

pat:
amen, brother. amen.