[Marxism] Polanski

Ron J rjacobs3625 at charter.net
Sat Oct 3 06:56:21 MDT 2009

I've been reading this list on and off for a while now and have to say
that I can't believe the amount of bandwidth that has been wasted
discussing Roman Polanski.  Why aren't you all discussing McKenzie
Phillip's incestuous relationship with her father, too?  I personally
could care less what happens to Polanski since the question of innocence
or guilt has already been answered by Polanski himself.  His credentials
do not excuse him from prosecution, nor should he be dealt with
differently in terms of sentencing because of his Hollywood profile.  My
point is, what the hell does this have to do with Marxism beyond a
passing interest?  It certainly doesn't deserve the three-five days of
debate among supposed Marxists that has already occurred on this list.
-ron jacobs