[Marxism] NYT- American Apparel forced to fire undocumented

brad bauerly bbauerly at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 06:48:21 MDT 2009

This article highlights the Obama admin's new undocumented immigrant
enforcement plan, which is going to focus on putting pressure on employers
to fire all employees that it cannot prove are documented US Citizens or
have valid visa's.  What I found interesting is that it occurred at American
Apparel which is known for its good (well better) treatment of employees,
its marketing scheme of being made in the USA, and its CEO's politics to
'legalize LA'- "Dov Charney, the company’s chief executive, has campaigned,
in T-shirt logos and eye-catching advertisements, to “legalize L.A.,” by
granting legal status to illegal immigrants, a policy President
Obamasupports."

Wondering if folks have thought tactically how to deal with this shift in
policy or could point me in the direction of people who are.

Thanks, Brad

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/us/30factory.html?sq=immigrantcrackdown&st=cse&scp=1&pagewanted=print