[Marxism] undocumented

Jeff meisner at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 4 12:43:12 MDT 2009

At 10:31 04/10/09 -0400, Louis Proyect wrote:

>I feel that it is useful to have such a space on the Internet even if
>some subscribers are hell-bent on convicting of it of racism, sexism,
>homophobia, catering to imperialism
YOU
ARE
NOT
EVEN
FUNNY.

But you did tell me one thing. The same thing that I always "learn" when
someone reacts in this way. When a legitimate discussion, in this case
about insensitivity to sexual assault, is met with mocking of the "charges"
("convicting [marxmail] of....") and arbitrary augmentation of the supposed
"charges" (try to document that list of charges!!) in order to make light
of the whole matter. And to preempt any further DISCUSSION of issues which
could plausibly be portrayed as an escalation of those "charges."

Defensiveness speaks volumes!
- Jeff