[Marxism] undocumented

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 17:31:07 MDT 2009

As I've said earlier, I share Pat's stated concerns on male insensitivity,
but I have asked three or four times whether she or anyone else has any
suggestions as to how they proposed to address them....

Dead silence.

About a year ago, we had a similar exchange.  Pat denounced the list as
middle class and male, which makes you wonder how that could be done on an
email list.  It was because not enough of it was supporting Gloria La Riva
for president.  So, you didn't have to actually KNOW anything about the
people you disagreed with over the matter.  You could simply channel
knowledge about them based on positions they took....  That is, those who
didn't vote for La Riva and favored Nader or McKinney, for example, were
revealing their obviously middle class and male natures . . . .

Still, it wasn't the sociological determinism or the magical instant
sociological analysis that struck me so much as Pat's being "offended."  And
an unwillingness to make concrete arguments.  Once you've read one post and
gauge that she's offended by something, there's nowhere to go with it.

The one thing that an email list could be good for, then, isn't getting used
for that purpose here.

I repeat the request for a concrete and serious proposal.

Otherwise, this whole things becomes as circular as a discussion with a
drunken anarchist...or a sober Walter Lippman...

ML