[Marxism] Rosa L. replies to RL and LK

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 5 20:21:49 MDT 2009

Well, I've been having fun over at:

http://www.revleft.com/vb/dialectics-and-political-t118934/index5.html

My approach is a little difference, because it isn't philosophy that's at
stake here, it's historical accuracy as she claims Marx "extirpated" Hegel
and dialectics in Vol 1 of Capital.

I started out actually trying to be nice, figuring she might actually know
something, something to break through the over-aggrandizing that goes on
[sometimes] with proclamations of "dialectical materialism."

But in the end, I think she knows actually very little about Marx, the
development, method, and content of his work.  I mean I think she probably
hasn't even read much Marx.  I don't know that to be a fact, can't prove it,
but just the circular nature of the discussions, the hair-splitting, the
inaccuracies, the parsing even of commas in Marx's preface to the 2nd
edition of Volume 1, makes me think she just hasn't expended much time or
effort on the work itself.

Probably has a great background in philosophy of language, and vice-versa...
as if that's a  plus.