[Marxism] China's nationalized sector has keyrole incurrentgains

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 5 20:53:29 MDT 2009

You may have read a lot, but you understand very little.

If  you've got a problem with identifying China's expansion of capitalism
based on fixed asset investment, initially in the export sector, but most
recently under the stimulus program in the "heavy" state/collective industry
sector,  as overproduction, then you should address your problem to China's
State Council that issued the rules based on it's, the council's, concerns
about overproduction and overcapacity, not my concerns about China's
overproduction.  .

If you think that's Friedmanese, not only are you ignorant of Marx, not only
are you ignorant of Friedman, but you are also ignorant of the great
respect, admiration, honor and celebrity status accorded Friedman in China
by over very same overproducers, and worriers about overproduction, the
State Council..

Nobody has criticized overproduction of steel in China as "wrong"  because
the market can't swallow it.  Nobody has criticized overproduction at all.
It is a fact of capitalism.  It is a fact of China's integration into world
capitalism.

China is not overproducing steel to flood the world market and drive out its
Japanese, Korean, Indian, European competitors.  Exports from China ,
Nestor, have plunged, although maybe you haven't heard.

Humankind needs more steel than it has now?  That remains to be determined
by humankind.  Right now, the steel that is being produced isn't being
produced for humankind, not in China, not in Korea, not in Vietnam, Japan,
Argentina, anywher.  It's being produced for VALUE, and as a consequence
overproduction occurs, increases in the midst of austerity, and expands with
imposed scarcity.