[Marxism] Rosa L. replies to RL and LK

XxxxXxxx XxYyXxx xxxxxxx99 at xxxxxxx.xxx
Tue Oct 6 09:01:51 MDT 2009

I don’t think we are in disagreement Shane. By social origins I mean the REAL social necessities of life which give origin to a mode of thought; as Sohn-Rethel argues, it is the real abstraction of exchange (because exchange precludes use in reality), from which the thought abstraction derives. This is perfectly in line with Marx as I see it, and I dare say, it’s the correct perspective.