[Marxism] Romania is off the beaten path?

Barry Brooks durable at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 10 00:09:30 MDT 2009

Reaction works all ways.

Forgive me for posting this bit by John Médaille to
marxMAIL, but I hope youse girls will find it of interest,
funny, and maybe a bit offensive too.

If the world was simple and a less strange I could understand it.

Barry

"When small men cast long shadows, you know the sun is setting."
--Lao Tzu

http://distributism.blogspot.com/

My co-editor, Dr. Ovidiu Hurdezeu, asked me to put this anthology
together to introduce Distributism and other localist economic ideas to
the Romanian people, which should prove fertile ground for such ideas.
Indeed, before the darkness of World War II and the communist occupation
of Romanian, there was a vibrant peasants’ party in Romania, as Alan
Carlson has noted in his Third Ways. Dr. Carlson has an essay in this
collection. The title of the book translates as Economic Liberty: A
Profound Romanian Renaissance.

Only the workers, acting together as a mighty political force, can fight
capitalism and the power of the rich. Hundreds of thousands of
California state workers are under the ax of the capitalist state. A
massive one day general strike shut down the state universities on
September 24. That was a good start, but we need more than one day of
strikes..

Let us pray that God continue to strengthen and enlighten Pope Benedict,
that he may continue to strengthen and confirm us, his flock.