[Marxism] The real issue in the Polanski arrest

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Mon Oct 12 18:11:16 MDT 2009

S. Artesian (sartesian at earthlink.net) wrote on 2009-10-05 at 16:32:02 in
about Re: [Marxism] The real issue in the Polanski arrest:

> 5. As for due process-- Polanski was afforded "due process," certainly as
> much as any rich white connected male can expect to be afforded in the
US.

  Well, Polanski is actually really un-american, isn't he? An immigrant, grown
up in communist poland!

> 7.  Those who think, however, that this event says anything at all one way
> or the other about the US judicial and/or political system, are making
> something out of nothing, or in this case, something out of a scumbag.
> Literally.

  Anybody who has any trust in the US-american criminal justices system
(criminal in its real sense) is out of his or her mind.

  I would protect anybody to be delivered into the claws of that monster, of
that enemy of humanity, as the Sandinista hymn is singing. I would defend
and protect anybody from being handed over to that imperialist, predator,
rogue state.

  And you are singing praises of that monster, but condemning China and its
criminal justice system? And want people being handed over to the imperialist
rogue state?

  Which side are you on?

  BTW, why don't also get excited by those pesky members of the IOC
(International Olympic Committee) who threw out the US american candidate
for the 2014 Olympic Games in the very first round. Haven't they shown to be
real anti-americans? One factor in that decision was expressed by a member
from Pakistan who asked the POTUS after his nice talk about the problems so
many people have to enter the USA, and how the USA would change this for
the games?

   And you think that people should be delivered to that rogue state?

No greetings on this one,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany