[Marxism] Literature on Western Maoism

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Oct 14 05:16:41 MDT 2009

I don't know if Ian is interested in looking
at the history of French Maoism but the following
interview with Badiou looks interesting. Badiou
is probably one of the few contemporary French
intellectuals who would still accept the label
of Maoist.  Back in the late 1960s and early
1970s, lots of leading French intellectuals were
associated with Maoism, either as actual activists
in Maoist organizations or as sympathizers to one
degree or another.  These included many big names
like Sartre, De Beauvoir, Althusser, Foucault etc.

http://mikeely.wordpress.com/2008/11/03/badiou-on-different-streams-within-french-maoism/

Jim F.