[Marxism] India and Armed Struggle

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 14 14:15:09 MDT 2009

I never had any SWP/LTF days to begin with and I'm not "opposed" to arm
struggle either.  But look at N. Ireland, Palestine, the Philippines.  And
look at Nepal.  Exactly what has happened in Nepal, specifically?

We know what happened in Nicaragua.  In Cuba, the July 26th movement was not
simply, solely, armed struggle in the Oriente.

One more big big big consideration-- there is no longer a Soviet Union to
defend, protect, subsidize countries where the armed struggle has been
successful.

Certainly it, armed struggle, happens, but is it, in and of itself, a
successful revolutionary strategy?  The answer is clearly no.

All I was trying to do was clarify the question that needs to be asked.