[Marxism] Turk-Israeli rift good for Palestinians

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:21:27 MDT 2009

Hi Artesian

Well as my own mother used to say we shall see what the postman brings.

But the Mubarak regime is rotten to the core and cannot last. The situation
in Pakistan is also massively unstable.  So I am inclined to think that
Wallerstein's prediction of a fire storm in the entire region is very
credible.

Of course the movement that will come will in all probability be unlike what
we would want it to be.  But the current crop of leaders is vulnerable not
only to a class based movement, but also to a movement which takes the form
of religious utopianism  - i.e. class politics expressed in religious
metaphors.

warm regards

Gary