[Marxism] Turk-Israeli rift good for Palestinians

Christopher Hutchinson christopher.hutch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:43:36 MDT 2009

It wasn't so long ago in 2006 and 2007 that there
were massive strikes in Egypt almost on a daily
basis which came out of calls from the trade unions.
I believe it was centered in the textile industry.
Not to mention during the seize of Gaza there
was a massive demonstrations all over the Arab
world, strikes etc. that all had an element of class
struggle to them.

While we might not yet be on the precipice of an
Arab revolution there are certainly signs that point
to a deepening of the class struggle. Of course,
one of the best area's of work we can engage in to
push this along is in the antiwar movement/Palestinian
solidarity movement.  If we can build a movement that disrupts
the abilities of US imperialism to function then it will allow for
room for the class struggle to develop and take shape not just in
Arab countries but around the world.

keep well,

c. hutch