[Marxism] Gay Patriotism: Repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell

David Thorstad binesi at gvtel.com
Thu Oct 15 12:01:59 MDT 2009

Here is a truly revolting appeal to patriotism and militarism by MoveOn
(sent to a New York friend). The Pentagon may have "lost" "13,000 of our
best and brightest" to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, but where is
the opposition by gay and lesbian groups to same-sexers joining the
military to kill third world babies for Wall Street? Patriotism is a low
and unappealing human emotion, and while the military is shooting itself
in the foot by trying to keep open homosexuals out of that rotten
institution, and surely reversing the policy is inevitable, it is
shameful that neither gay nor leftist groups are arguing against adding
more gay bodies to the war machine.
David

Dear New York MoveOn member,

Your senator, Kirsten Gillibrand, is leading the fight to end the
military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy.

She's asking for your help. Please take a look at her note below.

Thanks for all you do.

–Justin, Kat, Peter, Noah, and the rest of the team

Dear friend,

*The military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy is an unjust, outdated,
and harmful rule* that violates the civil rights of some of our bravest,
most heroic men and women.

That's why I have been working, along with my colleagues in the Senate
and so many of you, to overturn this wasteful and destructive policy.

Last weekend, President Obama restated his commitment to overturning
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and this summer, I convinced Senator Carl Levin,
Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, to hold the first Senate
hearing on its repeal. This hearing is scheduled to start within the
next several weeks. *While we have made great strides, there is still a
lot of work to do.*

We have to prepare for these hearings, so I'm launching a nationwide
call to action. My goal is to get thousands of people to stand with me
and show that this country is ready to repeal DADT.

*Click here to help end "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." I want to show my
colleagues that America is ready to do the right thing.*
<http://www.kirstengillibrand.com/repeal_dontask>

Numerous military leaders are already telling us that this policy should
be reversed. Having lost over 13,000 of our best and brightest to this
policy, including almost 800 in "mission critical" areas, the time for
change is now.
*
We must all join together now and speak up on behalf of the brave men
and women who only want to serve their country.*

The announcement of hearings this fall is great news and a critical
milestone on the road to repeal. In addition, the Pentagon's Joint Force
Quarterly just published an article calling for an end to the ban on
gays and lesbians serving in our armed forces. *Click here to help end
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell."* <http://www.kirstengillibrand.com/repeal_dontask>

I need your support right away, but moreover, I need you to share our
call to action with your friends and colleagues who want to repeal DADT,
too. Earning the broadest support possible is the only way to convey the
message this Fall that the American people want to undo this harmful
policy.
*
Click here to help end "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." I want to show my
colleagues that America is ready to do the right thing.
<http://www.kirstengillibrand.com/repeal_dontask>*

Thank you so much for your continued support. Together, I am sure that
we can make America stronger and bring equality to our Armed Services.

Sincerely,
Kirsten Gillibrand